The SILVADURTM antimicrobial advantage in textiles
SILVADURTM technology is an innovative antimicrobial treatment that improves on earlier technologies by using charged silver ions as opposed to silver particles. Silver ions evenly distribute over a garment. This means the silver is used more efficiently. SILVADURTM technology has been shown to address several performance gaps that existing antimicrobial treatments simply cannot match.
- High active in performance, therefore short reaction and application time
- Excellent wash durability
- High level of reproducibility
- Degree of exhaustion nearly 99%
- Halogen free (no halogen in the waste water)
- No colour change, can be used for neon dyestuffs
- No influence on the handle
- Compatible with FC resins
- Compatible with both natural and synthetic fibers
- SILVADUR™ is a bluesign® approved chemical product and a bluesign® System Partner.
- SILVADUR™ is recognized and listed as an Active Chemical Product (with biological activity) by the International Oeko-Tex® Association as a formulation that has been assessed to be harmless to human health, provided it is used as indicated and designated.
- SILVADUR™ is registered with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and the active ingredient is notified and supported under the EU Biocidal Products Regulation (BPR).
- SILVADUR™ technology is registered to meet REACH requirements in the European Union.
- SILVADUR™ does not contain any components listed by the State of California under the Prop 65 regulation, therefore, a warning label is not required on the package.
Answers to questions on the effectiveness of products
treated with Silvadur™ against Covid-19
- Although the active substances used in SILVADUR™ products have an effect on viruses in general, the effectiveness of SILVADUR™ products against SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19)has not yet been established in clinical studies.
- The antimicrobial effect of SILVADUR™ products makes an active contribution to a comprehensive hygiene function.
- Despite limited studies for SILVADUR™ effectiveness against SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19, it has shown some effectiveness. Research has shown that the degree of effectiveness appears to be concentration dependent.
- Please contact our TEXPERTS to get further details about the usage and effectiveness of SILVADUR™.
SILVADUR™ is a registered trademark of DuPont de Nemours, Inc.