LEATHER AUXILIARIES FOR THE TANNING AND LEATHER INDUSTRY
Leather has all the prerequisites for a top class sustainable material. It is a natural by-product with very long life, comfort and the possibility of being repaired or recycled.
Pulcra helps tanneries produce sustainable leather
Our approach at Pulcra Chemicals is to help tanneries produce and develop sustainable leather. We support to optimize production processes and help sustain the environment through products that meet a variety of labels and standards. Our customers can choose from a wide range of products for a variety of articles and end uses.
- Development of fatliquors with a higher proportion of renewable raw materials, preferably of plant origin.
- Use of sugar-based alkyl polyglycoside (APG) surfactants in various degreasing and laundry detergents.
- Reduction of the use of process water
- Leather auxiliaries for the production of formaldehyde- and Cr(VI)-free leather
- Leather auxiliaries for the production of automotive leather and high quality furs.
Specific auxiliaries for all process steps from soaking until pickle, for hides and skins of all animal origins. Choose from a vast portfolio of our beamhouse products CORATYL®, NETAZYM, PERDOL®, PELLUCIT® and RECTIL
PULCRA Process Solutions:
- Fast and in-depth soaking powered by state-of-the-art enzyme technology
- Thorough cleaning and easy handling using compact soaking products and tailor-made surfactant concentrates.
- Thorough cleanliness of meat and hair
- Low sulfide liming for eco-friendly hair saving processes
- Ammonium free deliming with mild and uniform action for smooth and fine grain pelts
Benefits of PULCRA Beamhouse:
- lowering water consumption by shortening floats and optimizing washing steps
- reduction of the amount of total dissolved solids, including salts and sulfide.
- avoiding restricted substances with negative impact on human health and eco-systems
- proportionally higher volume of solid wastes which may be recycled for alternative applications.
- lower levels of BOD, COD and nitrogen
- lower hazardous and/or unpleasant air emissions
PERDOL® VEL – compact soaking agent for perfect and easy soaking process including fresh hides
PERDOL® BSM – environmentally friendly softener based on vegetable APG emulsifiers
PERDOL® ULTRA – amphoteric auxiliary for reduced wrinkles and improved cleanliness
PERDOL® 816 – sulfide-free liming aid for flatter and cleaner pelts
RECTIL® NBG – ammonium free ester based deliming agent
RECTIL® EH – powerful deliming, low in ammonia
Degreasing and Scouring
Efficiency-optimized degreasing and scouring agents to produce leather and fur of all kinds of animals including very greasy origins. Our customers can choose products from the extensive range of FORYL®, FLUIDOL®, PERAMIT®, PERBON and PERDOL® types.
PULCRA Process Solutions:
- Highly efficient removal of natural oils from all skin types, even very greasy origins
- Environmentally friendly products with up to 95% of biodegradability in OECD test
- Foam suppressed emulsifiers.
- Cleaner and straighter hair in double face and fine fur
- Stable emulsions in the bath without risk of fatty spew
- Degreasing at lower temperature and broad pH range
- Special, tailor-made products for specific origins and circumstances
Benefits of PULCRA Degreasing and scouring:
- Low usage amount leading to improved sustainability.
- Focus on renewable, vegetable based raw materials.
- Simpler wastewater treatment
- Significant odor reduction of leathers and fur
- Reduced likelihood of Cr(VI) formation in chrome tanned leathers and double face
FORYL® LHC – the blue classic based on vegetable raw materials
FORYL® VLC3 – high concentration for highest demands
FORYL® HIT – one of the most famous products in the market – almost a legend
FORYL® BST – premium degreasing with sophisticated technology
PERAMIT® LW – wool washing boosted by sugar surfactant APG
PERAMIT® ML-N – designed for whither, cleaner wool
PULCRA Process Solutions:
- Secure achievement of safe shrinkage temperature
- Easy shaving
- Soft, but full and round leather character with tight grain
- White or brilliant leather colors
- Techniques for high exhaustion
Benefits of PULCRA tanning:
- Higher exhaustion of tanning agents – lower COD load in wastewater
- Improved fixation of tanning agent
- Durable leather
- Biodegradability and sustainability
CORATYL G – specialty zeolite for full and tight wet white as well as high-exhaustion chrome leathers
PELLUTAX WBS – low formaldehyde and phenol white replacement agent
DRASIL GL – glutaraldehyde for pre-tannage and special effects
DRASIL AL NEW – chrome free leather and fur
CORATYL SI – key to flex-lock tanning
Just the right fiber lubrication for your leathers and furs. Pulcra offers a wide range of fatliquors and lubricating specialties. GRASSAN, GLYCERMAX, LEDEROLINOR, PELLAN®, PELLASAN®, PERAMIT®, SEDAFLOR, SIRIAL® and TRIANOL are well known and accepted in the “leather world”
- Fatliquors based on synthetic and natural oils as well as fatty components from integrated in-house production.
- Electrolyte stable products for pickle and tannage
- Modern fatliquors for Automotive leather production that excel through minimal odor and very low emissions.
- Special products for improving tear strength.
- High-exhaustion main fatliquors
- Cationic fatliquors for the right touch
- High-tech fatliquoring with tailor-made polymeric products
- Hydrophobing agents
- Premium kicking oils
Benefits of PULCRA Fatliquoring:
- Good balance of softness, fullness and grain tightness
- Light-weight leathers
- Improved tear strength especially in thin articles
- Durable quality leathers with the PULCRA Protected Fatliquor Concept®
- Fatliquors and kicking oils based on renewable raw materials.
- Optimized Emissions
- Low odor fatliquors
- Excellent water repellence
PELLAN GMS – the green revolution in your pickle bath
PERAMIT LSW NEW – THE benchmark for tear strength of leather
PELLASAN 5007 – natural power for high softness
PELLASAN SXL – high quality lecithin product for car leathers
PELLAN FTW – water repellence on the highest level
PELLAN 802 – for the most pleasant touch and feel of the leather.
SIRIAL AVB – vegetable based with excellent emissions.
SIRIAL AWK – bi-ionic revolution for inner softness
PELLASAN SF17 – softness for difficult origins
SIRIAL ZMO – kicking oil for the most precious and valuable furs
PELLAN GLH NEW – uniformity in the fatliquoring – a real Pulcra classic
Fullness, tightness, sponginess and lightness with the PULCRA retanning agents CORATYL®, DRASIL®, PELLUPUR, PELLUTAX.
- Mineral and synthetic retanning agents
- Products for secure neutralization
- Polymers designed to fill empty areas of the leather
Benefits of PULCRA Retanning:
- Adjustment of fullness and softness with extended range of resins and syntans
- Formaldehyde free resins, designed for selective filling
- Excellent fullness for low quality raw material
- High degree of renewable resources
- Products meeting highest demands of eco-labels
DRASIL 608 – famous for adding fullness to the leather
DRASIL TX – designed for tight-grain shoe upper leather
DRASIL APN – next generation polymer for high-tech applications incl. Automotive
DRASIL SM – light-weight spongy leather
DRASIL FFD – selective filling with bio-power, free of formaldehyde
DRASIL FJ – the protein booster for your leathers
The right finish for durable and eye-catching leather articles. Choose from a wide product range of finishing products like AVERSIN, EMULLO, EPICOLOR, EPISAN, FONDOFILL, FONDOCRYL®, FONDOFLEX®, KEPECO, KEPOLAC, REPELLAN® and SOFTYMOLL®.
PULCRA Process Solutions:
- Binders and lacquers of all types
- Brilliant pigments covering the whole color spectrum
- Auxiliaries like glossing agents, waxes and pull up oils
Benefits of PULCRA Finishing:
- Water-based finishing chemicals for improved workplace safety and protection of the environment
- Better fastnesses without toxic chemistry
- Different degrees of brilliance and dull effects
- Touch modifiers which appeal to all senses
- Better rub and scratch fastness
- Covering effect for quality upgrading
- Fashion articles
FONDOCRYL® 525 – soft compound for perfect covering
FONDOCRYL® CP 415 – compact binder for corrected grain with superior covering
FONDOFILL® CB – Wax and resin compact for burnish and polish items without loading surface
FONDOFLEX® CPF – compact PU resin for full grain napa shoe upper, handbag and garment leathers. Good covering with natural look
FONDOFLEX® 359 PLUS – high quality basecoat solution