Functional masterbatch technology
Pulcra@2spin is a range of solid masterbatch additives, providing different functionalities for a wide range of man-made fibres.
- The functionality is locked into the fibre to increase durability.
- Broad range of functionalities.
- No adverse effects on appearance, weight and colour.
- More flexibility in dosing level and usage.
- Easy use and monitoring of consumption.
- Sustainable technology: no additional cleaning, water or energy required in the downstream production process.
- No to little impact in the production process.
How it works
The functional masterbatches need to be added during the extrusion process prior to the melting of the polymer by means of a dosing unit. Different Pulcra@2spin products are available for different polymers, including PP, PA, PES or PLA. All our innovations are tested on the Spin Master, a semiindustrial extrusion and spinning line developed to facilitate and accelerate the transfer of technology from lab scale to industrial scale.
- soft touch (100 series)
- flame retardant properties (200 series)
- dyeable PP (400 series)
- friction control (400 series)
- odour control (700 series)